Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Looking forward to Administrator's Day

I imagine that several (if not most) of you have taught the lesson you will be sharing at Administrator's Day.  Tell us how it went.

4 comments:

Janet Caporaletti said...

I think mine went really well. I changed it up a little bit from when I taught it this summer with all of you. I sat down to think about and write down some questions to ask the kids before I taught the lesson. I have already found that if I do that and those questions are already in my mind, questioning just seems to come much easier. They did really well with the questions and they took it places that I didn't expect them to yet. I actually got to take them into finding the equivalent fraction to the decimal and simplifying fractions to find other equivalent fractions. It was so great! I took some pictures of the students working with the Base 10 blocks and I have some good student work to display.

Anonymous said...

We started the lesson today. It went better than expected. I modified the assignment. At this point, I have just asked them to work with one set of proportions on the patio and to enlarge it. One group did real well. The picture thing is a mess. I have some good work samples. We did not finish the first set of patios, so we will work on it again tomorrow.

sharon Hunter said...

It went really well, the only problem the students had was with the negative scientific notation part of it.

trudi mc said...

I changed mine from multiplying to adding and subtracting negetive and positive integers. It went great! The manipulatives really helped them to grasp the concept. I am also using group seating, and I like it!