Monday, November 10, 2008
Computer Activity Ideas
Hi, guys. I am doing better than I was on Saturday. Thank you for all of your support and encouraging words. I need your help. This week I am supposed to be incorporating the new student computers into a lesson. Each student has a laptop and we have internet access. The topics we are covering are converting fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions, comparing and ordering fractions and decimals, ratios, and rates. I would love any ideas of what I can do to have the students using their computers. Remember, I only have 50 minutes. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey - good to hear you are better... wow - computers that is really great. I can't imagine, I think we would use them a lot - seems there are several good interactive websites... I think I might have them start creating a powerpoint or some type of online journal they could keep. The powerpoint could be for examples, explanations, picture representations or even just a "Math Dictionary" type thing... Can you set up a blog for the classes...something they could even check from home?
I'm glad things got better and getting the computers is great! I just want to say that everyone's first year is awful. Like I said before, I was ready to throw in the towel and call it quits my first year. Things were a little better last year but I was still wondering what I could do to get out of the classroom. Now that I am in my 3rd year I feel a little better but there are many days that are not great and I wonder what I was thinking when I chose this profession. It is okay to want to wring some necks every now and then. It will get better. And if it doesn't, then you are young enough to take your life in a different direction. I really hate to encourage that but you will not be an effective teacher in the long run if you are not happy!
Here is the site for the virtual manipulatives: http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/vlibrary.html
Post a Comment