Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hey friends--- I am beginning a unit on Geometry and am very nervous about it. I have not had any experience actually teaching it and my class in college has not prepared me to teach it effectively. If you have any ideas that has worked for you please share. We are starting with angles-- then angle measurement with protractors, then on to circles and finally to measurement - which I really hope to get to do measurement olympics, but so far that is my only real idea (that I stole from our class) and all I am looking forward to. Please help...


Mel

7 comments:

davidstriblingjr said...

Mel-
Email me with your email address and I will send you some pdf files that may help you. Use what you can or like and file the rest for future years. Hope to get your email address soon.

davidstriblingjr said...

I guess my email address would help.
david.stribling@cumbyisd.net

davidstriblingjr@hotmail.com

Send it to both in case our filter blocks.

Amanda Vandeventer said...

Mel,
Don't forget to email me and I'll send you the boat measuring thing... amanda.vandeventer@cfisd.net

Geometry is fun, go with it and it'll go well.

Amanda

Janet Caporaletti said...

Mel,

I've got some great activities to go with some literature books that you can add a few things to to make it more suitable for your kids. Email me and I'll send you the electronic copies.

jcaporaletti@rockwallisd.org

Eileen Faulkenberry said...

This would be an excellent opportunity to use the wiki! We can post the activities there so that everyone has access to them.

Anonymous said...

I could use the geometry ideas too! It is one of my weakest areas. One hurdle to doing the Measurement Olympics for me will be not having all the tools.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.